Friday, January 9, 2009

My Grace Is Sufficient For You

After several long nights of prayer God has finally answered. His answer began with a confirmation for both Kim and I. First Kim had a friend tell her that God was writing our testimony and I had one state that God was creating our testimony. And now we fully understand why His answer has been what it was and came when it did.

We have heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. We will boast, but on our own behalf we will not boast, except of our weaknesses. Though if we should wish to boast, we would not be a fool, for we would be speaking the truth. But we refrain from it, so that no one may think more of us than he sees in us or hears from us. So to keep us from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given us in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass us, to keep us from being too elated. Three times we pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave us. But he said to us, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore we will boast all the more gladly of our weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon us. For the sake of Christ, then, we are content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when we are weak, then "I am" is strong. (See 2 Cor 12:4-10)

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love you my sweet husband. You have taken such wonderful care of me.